Boosting Your Immunity
younglivingoillady.com by Carrie Raab
- Warm Feet: Apparently cold feet can cause the blood vessels in the sinuses to constrict. This causes less mucus so more germs can get in/by. Studies show that warm feet actually boost immune system function by 60%.
- Frozen Peaches: They have more than double the vitamin C in oranges. Vitamin C strengthens the delicate tissues & boosts immune cells abilities.
- Keep a Diary: Venting lessens stress and relieves negative feelings.
- Workout: It stimulates the production of the human growth hormone.
- Gargle Salt Water: 1/2 tsp salt to 8 oz of water. Gargle for 10 seconds a day.
- Friend Time: Positive and upbeat feelings can help people bounce back.
- Avoid Fried Foods: Trans fats can weaken your immune system.
- Cut Back On Pain Meds: Aspirin, ibuprofen, NSAIDS are designed to suppress white blood cells which attack and destroy germs.
- Mind Trick: Visualize your body fighting the bugs.
- Tea Break: 20oz black tea can help body produce up to 3x more interferons. TIP: Bobbing your tea bag in the hot water helps it release more antioxidants.
- Wash Hands: This decreases viruses by up to 45%
- Get Crafty: Being creative for just 20 minutes a day can increase immunity by 76%!
- Veg Out: 1/2 cup broccoli 3-4 times a week, or brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower. They help make immune cells more efficient.
- Vitamin D: 1000-2000 IU vitamin D per day decreases risk of the flu 29%
- Garlic: 70+ different sulfur compounds, which help build fast, powerful virus-killing white bloodcells
- Watch Favorite Sitcom: 30-60min of relaxing can risk of illness as much as 80%
- Turn In Earlier: Deep sleep is where the body builds infection fighting antibodies. 30-60min per night or daily naps decrease upper respiratory infections by 50%.
- Breakfast: Those that eat breakfast decrease viral infections by 50%.
- Massage: Increases white blood cells by 25%, decreases stress hormones, and self massage for 10 minutes per day can help!
- Keep Hands Away From Face: Decreases the risk of bad cold/flu by 47%
- Mushrooms: Japanese mushrooms can help you kick a cold
- Oregano Oil: 200mg 3x a day can improve "gut" health
- Unclog Your Liver: Veggies like Kale, Broccoli, Lettuce, & Cabbage can help your liver health
- Avacado: You can help your adrenal gland function with one serving or 1/2 cup a day
- Ginger: Helps cure the flu. It warms the body and breaks down toxins in the body
- Black Currants: They have 5x more Vitamin C than Oranges
- Sage Extract: This works as a expectorant. Just add a drop to your tea or some hot water
- Graviola: Has been studied since the 1940's. So why haven't I heard of this? It has been found to boost immunity!!
- Lose Weight: The more overweight you are the more inflammation in your body. If your body is fighting the inflammation then you are more susceptible to viruses and bacterial infections
- Sugar: Did you know that sugar depresses your immune system? Guess what the biggest culprit is? Soda/Pop!!!!
- Fruits & Veggies: Raw veggies can help increase the alkalinity in the body. Alkalinity helps the immune system
- Increase Water Intake: Dyes, High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS), and artificial sweeteners suppress the immune system
- Supplements: Elderberries, Lysine Caplets, Probiotics (capsules, tablet, homemade yogurt, Kombucha), and Zinc
I don't know about you, but there are several of these that are cheap or free that I should be using. Ms Desi will be implementing some of these for her family I'm sure!
Which one was your favorite or which one is the first one you are going to apply to your lifestyle? Please leave a comment below.